What is Itraconazole cream?
Itraconazole cream is used for Fungal infection, Fungal infections, Flaky discolored patches on the chest and back, Infections in neutropenia or aids patients and other conditions. This salt may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Itraconazole cream Uses
Itraconazole cream is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Fungal infection
- Fungal infections
- Flaky discolored patches on the chest and back
- Infections in neutropenia or aids patients
Itraconazole cream Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur in medicines that contain Itraconazole cream. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Itchy skin rash
- Yellowing of skin
- Increased in blood levels of liver enzymes
- Shortness of breath
- Change in taste
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Running nose
Itraconazole cream Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Itraconazole cream improves the patient condition by performing the following functions:
- Preventing the growth of fungi.
Itraconazole cream Precautions & How to Use
Before using Itraconazole cream, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Do not drive or operate machinery
- Experience loss of hearing or hearing disturbances or ringing in the ears, blurred or double vision or sensitivity to light, inability to control urine or increased urination or diarrhea
- Have liver or kidney problems, AIDS or hepatic impairment
- Severe allergic reactions
- Take antacid 1 hour before or 2 hours after this drug