What is Combikit?
Each COMBIKIT contains these 3 tablets: Fluconazole, Azithromycin, and Secnidazole.
This combination kit is used to treat vaginal infections, fungal infections, urethra infections, intestinal amoebiasis and other types of infections.
Detailed information related to Trio Kit uses, composition, dosage, side effects and reviews is listed below.
COMBIKIT is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Vaginal infections
- Intestinal amoebiasis
- Liver infection
- Parasitic infections
- Skin infections
- Sinus infection
- Throat infection
- Respiratory tract infections
- Urogenital infections
Combikit Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
COMBIKIT improves the patient condition by performing the following functions:
- Fluconazole is a triazole antifungal used in the treatment and prevention of superficial and systemic fungal infections.
- Mechanism of action: Fluconazole works by inhibiting cytochrome P450-dependent enzymes thus inhibiting the biosynthesis of ergosterol, which is the main sterol of the fungus plasma membrane. This results in changes in the permeability of the plasma membrane and inhibition of growth.
- Azithromycin is a macrolide antibiotic used to treat systemic bacterial infections.
- Mechanism of action: The drug blocks transpeptidation by binding to the ribosomal subunit of the 1950s sensitive organisms and then disrupt the synthesis of RNA-dependent proteins to the chain lengthening stage.
- It stops bacterial growth by inhibiting the synthesis of essential proteins.
- Secnidazole, a nitroimidazole anti-infective used in the treatment of amoebiasis, trichomoniasis, giardiasis.
- Mechanism of action: Secnidazole acts by penetrating into microorganisms by diffusion and is reduced intracellularly by the low ferredoxin redox potential which then leads to DNA damage.
Combikit Composition and Active Ingredients
COMBIKIT is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
- Fluconazole (150 mg)
- Azithromycin (1000 MG)
Colour: Sunset Yellow Lake and Titanium Dioxide
- Secnidazole (1000 mg)
Colour: Titanium Dioxide and Lake Tartrazine
Please note that this medicine may be available in various strengths for each active ingredient listed above.
The following is a list of possible side effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients. This is not a comprehensive list. These side effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Vaginal itching
- Change in taste
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
Precautions & How to Use
Use as directed by your doctor or follow the instructions printed on the product insert.
Consult a doctor, if the condition persists or worsens.
Important counseling points are listed below:
- Consult a doctor, if suffering from trichomoniasis.
- Consult a doctor, if you have a pain on passing urine, renal or hepatic impairment, penile sores, ulcers or blisters, and abnormal penile discharge.
- Consult a doctor, if you suffer from allergy and pseudomembranous colitis.
- Do not take any antacids containing magnesium or aluminium for up to 2 hours
- Do not consume alcohol.
- Do not take any antacids containing aluminum or magnesium for up to 2 hours.
- Contraindicated during pregnancy and lactation.
Keep away from the sight and reach of the children.