Trocar is a medical device that is made up of an obturator (which may be a metal or plastic sharpened or non-bladed tip), a cannula (basically a hollow tube), and a seal. Trocars are placed through the abdomen during laparoscopic surgery. The trocar functions as a portal for the subsequent placement of other instruments, such as graspers, scissors, staplers, etc.
Trocars are used in medicine to access and drain collections of fluid such as in a patient with hydrothorax.
- Specially designed for quick non operative pleural and chest drainage.
- Flat handle facilitates easy maneuverability.
- Large smooth drainage eyes for efficient drainage.
- Markings provided at 5, 10, 15 & 20 cm. from the distal tip to help ascertain depth of penetration.
- Proximal end is fitted with tapered connector for easy connection to drainage bottle.
- Sterile, individually double packed in a peelable pouch.
- Size Available : FG 12, 16, 20, 24, 28 & 32
- Application : Cardiology,Anesthesia