What is Dexamethasone?
- Dexamethasone Tablets are a sort of corticosteroid medication. It is utilized in the treatment of the many conditions, including rheumatic problems, variety of skin diseases, severe allergies, asthma, chronic obstructive lung disease, croup, brain swelling, ocular pain following ophthalmic surgery, and alongside antibiotics in tuberculosis.
- Detailed information related to Dexamethasone Tablets uses, composition, dosage, side effects and reviews is listed below.
Dexamethasone Tablet Uses
- Dexamethasone Tablet is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Dexamethasone is employed to treat many inflammatory and autoimmune conditions, like atrophic arthritis and bronchospasm.
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, its also given in small amounts before and/or after some sorts of dentistry, like the extraction of the wisdom teeth, an operation that frequently leaves the patient with puffy, swollen cheeks.
Dexamethasone Tablet Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
- Dexamethasone Tablet improves the patients condition by performing the following functions:
- As a glucocorticoid, dexamethasone is an agonist of the glucocorticoid receptor (GR).
- no mineralocorticoid activity.
Dexamethasone Tablet Composition and Active Ingredients
- Dexamethasone Tablet is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
- Dexamethasone (0.5Mg)
Dexamethasone Tablet Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Dexamethasone Tablet. This is not a comprehensive list. These side effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side effects, especially if they do not go away.
Dexamethasone Tablet Precautions & How to Use
Before using this drug, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Read the directions on the label, patient guide, or medicine guide by the drugs company or your pharmacist before beginning to use Ranitidine Tablet.
- If youve got any questions associated with this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist. Use this medicine as recommended by your doctor.