What is Quinine Sulphate Tablets?
Quinine Sulphate contain the sulfate salt kind of the quinidine alkaloid isolate quinine.
Quinine Sulphate is the medication given to treat malaria and babesiosis. Quinine sulphate is additionally use to treat lupus and arthritis.
Detailed information related to Quinine Sulphate Tablet's uses, composition, dosage, side effects and reviews is listed below.
Quinine Sulphate Tablet Uses
Quinine Sulphate Tablet is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Quinine Sulphate medication is natural cinchona alkaloid that has been used for hundreds of years for the prevention and therapy of malaria.
- Quinine is additionally used for idiopathic muscle cramps. Quinine therapy has been related to rare instances of hypersensitivity reactions which may be amid hepatitis and mild jaundice.
Quinine Sulphate Tablet Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Quinine Sulphate Tablet improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
- Quinine is theorized to be toxic to the malarial pathogen, Plasmodium falciparum, by interfering with the parasite's ability to dissolve and metabolize hemoglobin.
- like other quinoline antimalarial drugs, the mechanism of action of quinine has not been fully resolved.
- the foremost widely accepted hypothesis of its action relies on the well-studied and closely related quinoline drug, chloroquine.
- This involves the inhibition of hemozoin biocrystallization in Heme Detoxification pathway, which facilitates the aggregation of cytotoxic heme.
- Free cytotoxic heme accumulates within the parasites, causing their deaths. Quinine may target malariaÃ¢ÂÂs purine nucleoside phosphorylase enzyme.
Quinine Sulphate Tablet Composition and Active Ingredients
Quinine Sulphate Tablet is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
- Quinine Sulphate (300 MG)
Please note that this medicine may be available in various strengths for each active ingredient listed above.
Quinine Sulphate Tablet Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Quinine Sulphate Tablet. This is not a comprehensive list. These side effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Quinine can cause a cardiovascular reactions including low platelet count and hemolytic-uremic syndrome/thrombotic idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (HUS/TTP), long QT syndrome and other serious cardiac arrhythmias including torsades de pointes, malaria, disseminated intravascular coagulation, leukopenia, and neutropenia.
Quinine Sulphate Tablet Precautions & How to Use
Before using this drug, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Read the directions on the label, patient guide, or medicine guide by the drugs company or ask your pharmacist before beginning to use the tablets.