A Thoracic Catheter (chest drain, chest tube, tube thoracostomy, or intercostal drain) is a flexible plastic tube that is inserted through the chest wall and into the pleural space or mediastinum. It is used to remove air (pneumothorax) or fluid (pleural effusion, blood, chyle), or pus (empyema) from the intrathoracic space. It is also known as drain or an intercostal catheter.
- Thoracic Drainage Catheters are most suitable for post-operative drainage after cardio-thoracic and thoracic surgery.
- Distal end is open with super smooth large eyes to maximise the drainage from the chest. Proximal end is fitted with specially designed tapered tongue to provide excellent forceps grip and non-traumatic insertion.
- Catheters are marked at every 2 cm from the last Eye to ascertain the depth of placement.
- Packed with matching size loose connector which facilitates easy connection to drainage system.
- Size Available : FG 10, 12, 16, 20, 24, 28, 32, 36, 40
- Packing : Poly Pack, 20/Box, 200/Carton