What is Ranitidine?
Ranitidine, is a medication that decreases stomach acid production. Ranitidine is commonly used in the treatment of peptic ulcer disease, gastroesophageal reflux disease, and Zollinger Ellison syndrome. There is likewise provisional proof of advantage for hives. It tends to be taken by mouth, by infusion into a muscle, or into a vein.
Detailed information related to Ranitidine Tablet's uses, composition, dosage, side effects and reviews is listed below.
Ranitidine Tablet Uses
Ranitidine Tablet is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Relief of heartburn Short-term, and support treatment of gastric and duodenal ulcers.
- Ranitidine can likewise be given with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) to reduce the risk of ulceration.
- Proton-pump inhibitors (PPIs) are more effective for the prevention of NSAID-induced ulcers.
- Pathologic gastro-intestinal (GI) hyper secretory conditions, for example, Zollinger Ellison disorder Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GORD/GERD), Erosive esophagitis, Upper GI bleeding.
Ranitidine Tablet Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Ranitidine Tablet improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
- Ranitidine is a competitive, reversible inhibitor of the action of histamine at the histamine H2 receptors found in gastric parietal cells.
- This outcome in decreased gastric acid secretion and gastric volume, and decreased hydrogen ion concentration.
Ranitidine Tablet Composition and Active Ingredients
Ranitidine Tablet is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
- Ranitidine (150 MG)
- Domperidone tablet
Please note that this medicine may be available in various strengths for each active ingredient listed above.
Ranitidine Tablet Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Ranitidine Tablet. This is not a comprehensive list. These side effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side effects, especially if they do not go away.
- ranitidine causing malaise
- In severely ill, elderly patients, cases of reversible mental confusion, agitation, depression, and hallucinations have been reported.
Ranitidine Tablet Precautions & How to Use
Before using this drug, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Read the directions on the label, patient guide, or medicine guide provided by the drugs company or your pharmacist before beginning to use Ranitidine Tablet.
- If you have any questions associated with this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
- Use this medicine as recommended by your doctor.
The most widely recognized markets for this item incorporate the accompanying nations. you don't mind ask with us if your nation or district isnot recorded:
ASIA: Afghanistan, Israel, Jordan, Pakistan, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Syria, Philippines, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Yemen, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, Iran, Tajikistan, and so forth.
AFRICA: South Africa, Uganda, Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius, Botswana, Egypt, Ethiopia, Libya, Sudan, Congo, Gambia, Ivory Coast , and so forth.
NORTH & SOUTH AMERICA: USA, Canada, Panama, Trinidad and Tobago, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Argentina, Guatemala, Guyana, Peru, Bolivia, Venezuela , Brazil, Bahamas, Ecuador, and so forth .
EUROPE: Austria , Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Georgia, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom (UK) , Latvia, and so forth.
OCEANIA: Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, and so forth.