The nasal cannula (NC) is a device used to deliver supplemental oxygen or increased airflow to a patient or person in need of respiratory help. This device consists of a lightweight tube which on one splits into two prongs which are placed in the nostrils and from which a mixture of air and oxygen flows. The other side of the tube is connected to an oxygen supply such as a portable oxygen generator, or a wall connection in a hospital via a flowmeter. The cannula is generally attached to the patient by way of the tube hooking around the patient ears or by elastic head band.
- Used for efficient oxygen administration to patients
- Made from soft, non-toxic, medical grade PVC
- Twin nasal tips ensure equal volume of oxygen to both nasal passages for greater patient comfort
- Multi-channel tube ensures regular supply of oxygen even if the tube is accidently kinked
- Proximal of tube provided with universal connecter for easy connection with oxygen source