What is Levodopa & Carbidopa?
Levodopa & Carbidopa Tablet is a medicine that is used for the treatment of Parkinson Disease, Stiffness, Tremors, Spasms, Poor Muscle Control In Parkinson Disease and other conditions.
Levodopa & Carbidopa Tablet contains Carbidopa, and Levodopa as active ingredients.
Levodopa & Carbidopa Tablet works by allowing more levodopa to enter brain decreasing Parkinson disease; increasing the dopamine in the brain for proper brain functioning;
Detailed information related to Levodopa & Carbidopa Tablet uses, composition, dosage, side effects and reviews is listed below.
Levodopa & Carbidopa Tablet Uses
Levodopa & Carbidopa Tablet is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Parkinson Disease
- Poor Muscle Control In Parkinson Disease
Levodopa & Carbidopa Tablet Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Levodopa & Carbidopa Tablet improves the patient condition by performing the following functions:
- Allowing more levodopa to enter brain decreasing Parkinson disease.
- Increasing the dopamine in the brain for proper brain functioning.
Levodopa & Carbidopa Tablet Composition and Active Ingredients
Levodopa & Carbidopa Tablet is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
- Carbidopa (25Mg)
- Levodopa (100Mg)
Please note that this medicine may be available in various strengths for each active ingredient listed above.
Levodopa & Carbidopa Tablet Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Levodopa & Carbidopa Tablet. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Fast Heartbeats
- Dry Mouth
- Unusual Changes In Mood Or Behavior
- Suicidal Thoughts
Levodopa & Carbidopa Tablet Precautions & How to Use
Before using this drug, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Avoid iron salts
- Avoid taking this medicine if suffering from mental or mood problems, or suicidal thoughts or attempts
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery
- Do not drive or operate machinery
- Do not take iron salts within 2 hours before or 2 hours after taking carbidopa
- Exercise caution if you have a diet that is high in protein or undergoing any tests for urine glucose or urine ketones