What is Domperidone?
Domperidone, is a medication used as an antiemetic, gastric prokinetic agent, and galactagogue.
It is taken orally or rectally, and is out there as a tablet, orally disintegrating tablets, suspension, and suppositories.
The drug is employed to alleviate nausea and vomiting; to extend the transit of food through the stomach (by increasing gastrointestinal peristalsis), and to market lactation (breast milk production) by the discharge of prolactin.
Detailed information related to Domperidone Tablet uses, composition, dosage, side effects and reviews is listed below.
Domperidone Tablet Uses
Domperidone Tablet is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Domperidone has antiemetic activity.
- ItÃ¢ÂÂs recommended for the treatment of nausea related to acute migraines.
- Gastro paresis may be a medical condition characterized by delayed emptying of the stomach when thereÃ¢ÂÂs no mechanical gastric outlet obstruction.
- Its cause is most ordinarily idiopathic, a diabetic complication, or a result of abdominal surgery.
- The condition causes nausea, vomiting, fullness after eating, early satiety (feeling full before the meal is finished), abdominal pain, and bloating.
- Domperidone could also be useful in diabetic and idiopathic gastro paresis.
- However, an increased rate of gastric emptying induced by drugs like domperidone doesnÃ¢ÂÂt always correlate (Equate) well with relief of symptoms.
Domperidone Tablet Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Apo-Domperidone Tablet improves the patient condition by performing the following functions:
- Domperidone may be a peripherally selective dopamine D2 and D3 receptor antagonist. It's no clinically significant interaction with the D1 receptor, unlike metoclopramide.
- The medication provides relief from nausea by blocking D receptors. It blocks dopamine receptors within the anterior pituitary gland increasing release of prolactin which successively increases lactation.
Domperidone Tablet Composition and Active Ingredients
Domperidone Tablet is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
Please note that this medicine may be available in various strengths for each active ingredient listed above.
Domperidone Tablet Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Domperidone Tablet. This is not a comprehensive list. These side effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side effects, especially if they do not go away.
- abdominal cramps
Domperidone Tablet Precautions & How to Use
Before using this drug, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Domperidone is often taken to 3 times each day. It shouldn't usually be taken for extended than every week at a time.
- The dose that prescribed depends on the symptoms being treated and can vary from person to person. Always follow the instructions given.
The most widely recognized markets for this item incorporate the accompanying nations.you don't mind ask with us if your nation or district isn't recorded:
ASIA: Afghanistan, Israel, Jordan, Pakistan, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Syria, Philippines, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Yemen, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, Iran, Tajikistan, and so forth.
AFRICA: South Africa, Uganda, Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius, Botswana, Egypt, Ethiopia, Libya, Sudan, Congo, Gambia, Ivory Coast , and so forth.
NORTH & SOUTH AMERICA: USA, Canada, Panama, Trinidad and Tobago, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Argentina, Guatemala, Guyana, Peru, Bolivia, Venezuela , Brazil, Bahamas, Ecuador, and so forth .
EUROPE: Austria , Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Georgia, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom (UK) , Latvia, and so forth.
OCEANIA: Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, and so forth.