What is Atorvastatin / Clopidogrel?
Atorvastatin / Clopidogrel is used for High cholesterol, Dyslipidemia, Cardiovascular disease, Prevention of atherosclerotic stroke, Prevention of heart attack, Treatment of non-st-segment elevation acute coronary syndrome, Treatment of st-elevation myocardial infarction acute coronary syndrome, Treatment of recent myocardial infarction, Treatment of recent stroke, Treatment of established peripheral arterial disease and other conditions
Atorvastatin / Clopidogrel Uses
Atorvastatin / Clopidogrel is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- High cholesterol
- Cardiovascular disease
- Prevention of atherosclerotic stroke
- Prevention of heart attack
- Treatment of non-st-segment elevation acute coronary syndrome
- Treatment of st-elevation myocardial infarction acute coronary syndrome
- Treatment of recent myocardial infarction
- Treatment of recent stroke
- Treatment of established peripheral arterial disease
Atorvastatin / Clopidogrel Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur in medicines that contain Atorvastatin / Clopidogrel. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Joint pain
- Upset stomach
- Muscle pain
- Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura
- Hemorrhagic stroke
Atorvastatin / Clopidogrel Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Atorvastatin / Clopidogrel improves the patient condition by performing the following functions:
- Inhibiting HMG-CoA reductase and reduces triglycerides levels in the blood.
- Inhibiting the adenosine diphosphate receptor on platelet cell membranes in order to inhibit platelet activation and aggregation.
Atorvastatin / Clopidogrel Precautions & How to Use
Before using Atorvastatin / Clopidogrel, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Avoid excess alcohol while on atorvastatin
- Avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice
- Avoid intake of excess fat
- Consult your doctor if you develop muscle pains, yellowing of skin/eyes, or an allergic reaction
- Diminished antiplatelet activity in patients with impaired CYP2C19 function
- Do not take atorvastatin if pregnant
- Increased risk of bleeding
- It may take longer than usual to stop bleeding
The most widely recognized markets for this item incorporate the accompanying nations.you don't mind ask with us if your nation or district isn't recorded:
ASIA: Afghanistan, Israel, Jordan, Pakistan, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Syria, Philippines, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Yemen, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, Iran, Tajikistan, and so forth.
AFRICA: South Africa, Uganda, Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius, Botswana, Egypt, Ethiopia, Libya, Sudan, Congo, Gambia, Ivory Coast , and so forth.
NORTH & SOUTH AMERICA: USA, Canada, Panama, Trinidad and Tobago, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Argentina, Guatemala, Guyana, Peru, Bolivia, Venezuela , Brazil, Bahamas, Ecuador, and so forth .
EUROPE: Austria , Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Georgia, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom (UK) , Latvia, and so forth.
OCEANIA: Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, and so forth.